Generated Image Mr. Hales Class 2006-2007: Cell Phone Movie

Funny of the Month

Funny of the Month

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Cell Phone Movie


Read an interesting article in the local newspaper about a college course where they are making movies using only cell phones. In a nutshell, they use multiple phones for different angles and scene extension as most cell phone videos only record 20 seconds of video.
I was most impressed with the problem solving the students and professor had to use to solve the recording length limitations, poor audio quality and what they did when the additional "camera people" ended up in the shots by accident, sort of. I am going to try and find more information from the college and email the professor.
All of this has made me want to do the same, on a smaller scale, here in my classroom. So, I'm going to have the kids write a skit or story and put together our "film" using a cell phone and use QuickTime Pro to edit it! This will be too fun!

No comments: