Generated Image Mr. Hales Class 2006-2007: Handhelds

Funny of the Month

Funny of the Month

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Handhelds



I have meant to get these going in my class way before now, but the opportunity just kind of presented itself this morning.

During math I grabbed one of our Palm IIIC's and gave it to a student who has been working on division and set her up on a program called Quizzler. Then I gave another student another handheld and had him work on some math skills on his level using another program called Math Time. Another student came in and I set him and another student up playing a math tic-tac-toe game where they actually solve a math problem to with the X or O square; much like Hollywood Squares without the stars and with math questions...They are able to each use a Palm IIIC and "beam" their answers to each other to play and win the square.

I have high hopes of using the handheld computers more and more with my students to add a different spin to learning.

No comments: