Generated Image Mr. Hales Class 2006-2007: Teacher Tube

Funny of the Month

Funny of the Month

Friday, April 27, 2007

Teacher Tube

This goes under the heading of Why Didn't I think Of That?!
Ran across a site called TeacherTube, which, no doubt, is a take-off on the extremely popular YouTube. The difference is that TeacherTube is educational in nature. I just popped in for my first time a few minutes ago and snagged this video of a rapping math teacher doing a rap for perimeter. She is much braver than I and does a pretty good job. Here is the video and the nice thing is that the words were included as a download from TeacherTube. I will be spending a lot more time there looking for things for my students.
(As with all web video, please allow time for them to download)




Area and Perimeter Rap

Perimeter is the fence that goes around.

Area is the grass that’s inside the playground.

To get the perimeter, you add all the sides.

To get the area you have to multiply.

One length times one width is all you have to do,

To get the area and now you’re through.

No comments: